Learn one of today's most important skills—coding—while creating your own games! With this illustrated, interactive guide to coding, you'll discover how to create, test, and play fun 2-D computer games. The games in The Gamer's Guide to Coding use bitmap graphics so you can easily change and update them. Make any game your own unique creation.
- 300 pages of step-by-step coding instruction in an easy-to-follow format.
- Playground Scripts, interactive working examples that let you experiment using a premade framework.
- Bonus Games, exclusively created for the book, each demonstrating important coding concepts. Play them, tear them apart, rebuild them, even publish your new version.
- Open source downloadable content, so you don't have to retype anything. All code and game art is provided under the Creative Commons 4.0 Sharealike license.
- My latest book, coming out in April 2017